Worth all the sneezes. #nyc #newyork #centralpark #spring #flowers (at Central Park - Sheep Meadow)
Last day at #TeenVogue… For now. 😥 Loved every second and learned more than I could imagine. I’ll be back. (at Condé Nast - Teen Vogue)
Reblogging my own photo, nbd.
Good night, Teen Vogue office. See you Monday.
The best part of being an adult is that sometimes you can have milkshakes for dinner. Okay, milkshakes made with greens and almond milk. But still. MILKSHAKES. #healthy #vegan #vegetarian #undressedskeleton #shamrockshake #vega
I’ve been super terrible at updating, which I know
is breaking your hearts no one may have even noticed. However, I’m offering my apologies. Things are rather busy at the moment. Here’s a rundown:
- LAST SEMESTER SENIOR, so obviously I should be on Tumblr more, but instead I’m trying very hard to keep up my usual work ethic and do all my readings and study study study!
- Going to class nearly all day on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Interning at Teen Vogue from like 9:30-6:30 on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Still working at the Run store Saturdays 12-6
- Hitting the gym like a boss. I’ve mixed up my usual running routine with going HAM on the elliptical, lots of ab work, and class workouts (when I’m at home, I love to go to R.I.P.P.E.D or Cardio Intervals at the Y, when I’m at school, Jillian Michaels kicks my ass in 30DS or Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism. OUCH.)
- Stalking Pinterest, scoping out ideas for future apartments I will never own and food I will never make.
- Watching The West Wing and loving every second of it. (Because even though I watched it when I was a precocious 5th grader, much of it totally went over my head.) I could go on and on about my affection of/obsession with this show, but I’ll spare you. Also, props to me for actually getting academic benefits from it, because it definitely makes me understand certain concepts from my politics classes better.
- That’s basically my life right now. Follow me on Twitter where I post more frequently. Also, check out Teen Vogue’s Tumblr and Twitter accounts to see some of my work!
Fur hat and heels, pen and paper. Clearly, I’ve had my career goals in mind for awhile. #baby #dressup #glamorous
“Cheesy” (read: nutritional yeast) spaghetti squash with cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, and spinach. #healthy #food #foodporn #vegan #vegetarian
I do indeed. I just started my job as an online/social media intern on Wednesday.
I feel a mixture of “this is normal” and “omfgwtfbbq” about this right now. I’ve been conditioned to think that internships are a part of daily life here at NYU, especially ones at big publications, and of course I am lucky to have gotten a position at such an impressive magazine, as well.
But, still… I’ve been reading Teen Vogue since it started (I think I was like 12… that’s almost 10 years!) To actually be working in their offices… to see the racks of edits, to sit in front of huge prints of some of my favorite spreads, to feel like I’m contributing in some way shape or form… I can’t help but smile a little bit. If 12-year-old me knew that my dreams would actually be reality one day… I don’t think I’d believe how lucky and amazing my life has become.